Partner – London
Tel +44 20 3088 2920
David is an intellectual property litigator, with particular expertise in trade marks, registered and unregistered designs, and copyright. David works with large and small clients in a diverse range of industries, including FMCGs, fashion, Life Sciences, agriculture and heavy industry, entertainment, TMT and the arts, usually in a pan-Europe or global context.
A solicitor advocate, David also has the benefit of in house experience, having represented The Coca-Cola Company as Trade Mark Counsel for Western Europe in 2003-2005. David received a special commendation from the WORLDLeaders: European IP Awards for his work with The Coca-Cola Company.
Clients describe David as “formidable, extremely professional and incredibly bright” (Chambers UK, Intellectual Property, 2017) and “Stone has all the ingredients that make for an exceptional lawyer: he is academically outstanding, extraordinarily business minded and just a really nice, affable and articulate guy” (WTR 1000, 2016).
David is a Research Fellow of the Oxford Intellectual Property Research Centre, and teaches IP, including at the Universities of Oxford and Alicante. The second edition of David’s book, European Union Design Law: A Practitioners’ Guide, was published by Oxford University Press in January 2016.
Posts by: David Stone
- CJEU confirms that trade mark owners need not amend broad specifications
- CJEU: cannabis trade mark is contrary to public policy
- More’s the Pity - Rules on Distinctiveness
- General Court dismisses appeal: no likelihood of confusion between RYM and NRIM Life Sciences
- Azanta A/S v EUIPO (T-49/16): General Court upholds opposition against EUTM application for NIMORAL covering pharmaceutical preparations for cancer patients
- IPEC grants summary judgment in trade mark infringement action involving healthcare services
- Diacor v Diacol: appeal dismissed by the General Court
- OXAYDO, OXAYDON’T
Subscribe to our newsletter×
You can customise your daily newsletter by ticking the boxes below. You will only receive updates concerning your areas of interest.