Partner – Amsterdam
Tel +31 20 674 1709
Frits heads Allen & Overy Amsterdam’s Intellectual Property team. He is an experienced IP litigator, handling cases concerning the enforcement and validity of intellectual property rights.
He focusses in particular on patents, and has broad experience in handling cross border patent cases involving medical equipment and pharmaceuticals. One of his cases set an important precedent in the Netherlands on the issue of protection of pharmaceutical inventions near the end of the patent’s life time.
Frits was commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs to educate Dutch companies on the use and optimisation of their patent and IP portfolios in a national three year programme. He is also one of the chief editors of the main Dutch website on IP news (IE-forum.nl).
Posts by: Frits Gerritzen
- Dutch Court reminds innovators that their competitive interests against generics can only be protected for ten years
- AG opinion: organisms obtained by mutagenesis are exempted from GMO Directive
- European Medicines Agency heads for Amsterdam
- Dutch Supreme Court ends second medical confusion…for now
- Dutch Council of State upholds administrative fine for unauthorised preparation and marketing of a medicinal product
- Dutch Health Care Inspectorate launches online questionnaire on pharmacovigilance
- Dutch legal framework on favouritism for the medical devices sector near
- Dutch Supreme Court rules on indirect infringement of Novartis' Swiss-type claim
- Dutch Supreme Court rules that sunscreens and toothpastes may classify as medicines and benefit from reduced VAT
- Dutch Senate approves legislative proposal that will facilitate publication of inspection-related information
- New Dutch law regulating electronic exchange of medical data between healthcare providers
- Proposed publication policy for Dutch regulators foresees proactive disclosure of inspection data
Subscribe to our newsletter×
You can customise your daily newsletter by ticking the boxes below. You will only receive updates concerning your areas of interest.