Associate – London
Tel +44 20 3088 3795
Jin is an associate in the International IP Group, based in London. He specialises in intellectual property disputes, with a particular focus on pharmaceutical and Life Sciences patents. His dual qualifications in law (First Class Hons) and pharmacology give him a special insight into, and understanding of, his clients’ legal needs and commercial and regulatory imperatives. Jin is a key member of the team acting for Pfizer group Warner-Lambert in enforcing its second medical use patent for its blockbuster drug Lyrica (pregabalin) as a pain treatment against a large number of generic companies in the UK and across Europe. In addition to being a significant case for other owners of second medical use patents, the on-going case has been heralded in the UK as the IP case of the decade and has set legal precedent in English law by obtaining guidance from NHS England concerning the prescribing and dispensing of Lyrica and clarification from the Court of Appeal on the infringement test for Swiss-form second medical use claims.
Posts by: Jin Ooi
- European and UK medical device industry bodies urge post-Brexit regulatory alignment
- UK Life Sciences sector articulates post-Brexit vision
- The Attorney-General’s opinion on Swiss-form claims in the Dutch ribavirin case: MSD v Teva
- Australian Government’s compensation claim against pharma patentees rumbles on…
- A&O at the Young EPLAW Congress 2017
- Bayer awarded AUD 25 million in damages for patent infringement of its oral contraceptive Yasmin
- SPC for HIV anti-retroviral drug Atripla invalidated
Subscribe to our newsletter×
You can customise your daily newsletter by ticking the boxes below. You will only receive updates concerning your areas of interest.