Partner – London
Tel +44 20 3088 4197
Marc leads the IP Litigation practice in London. He is an intellectual property litigator with a particular focus on patent litigation, who has a wide experience of litigating patents in the Life Sciences, FMCG, hi-tech and chemical industries.
Marc graduated with a degree in Biotechnology before going on to study law. He is recommended as a Leading Individual for IP/Patent Litigation by The Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, The International Who’s Who of Patent Lawyers, The International Who’s Who of Life Sciences Lawyers, MIP’s Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Patent Law Practitioners, MIP Stars Handbook, IAM Patent 1000 and London Super Lawyers. In 2016, Marc received the International Law Office Client Choice Award for Intellectual Property – Patents in the UK.
Clients and peers describe Marc as an “excellent litigator who specialises in complex, business critical patent disputes and has an impressive record representing Life Sciences and hi-tech companies” (Chambers UK 2015). He is also described as “a first-class”’ and “exceptional patent litigator with outstanding knowledge and business understanding”’, “a patent litigator with a formidable reputation” and a “great leader who always keeps a close eye on proceedings”’ (Chambers & Partners); someone who has “the ability quickly to understand clients’ problems and goals and then deliver solutions”, “‘has outstanding communication skills – a really perfect lawyer’” (Legal 500), and who “is ceaseless in pursuing a positive result for a client” (IAM 1000). Opponents also comment on Marc’s “sensible approach and aversion to grandstanding”, and hail him as a “knowledgeable and ethical” lawyer (IAM 1000).
Marc writes and speaks on intellectual property issues and is a co-author of Patents on Biotechnological Inventions: The EC Directive, a book published by Sweet & Maxwell. He is also a member of The Lawyers’ Christian Fellowship.
Posts by: Marc Döring
- Cannabis - What is being patented?
- Cannabinoid patenting - a rolling stone?
- Federal Circuit upholds finding that Broad Institute CRISPR patents in plant and animal cells do not overlap with UC Berkeley patents
- Edwards Lifesciences v Boston Scientific: Decision of UK Court of 24th May 2018
- FDA announces suite of guidance documents to facilitating development and approval of gene therapies
- Rise of New CRISPR Inventions: the toolbox of research applications for CRISPR-based systems continues to expand
- Broad Institute CRISPR-Cas9 patent revoked in Europe
- Human Germline Genome Editing – Genetics bodies weigh in on debate with position paper
- A CRISPR patent pool – one step closer to reality?
- The A&O CRISPR microsite: Everything you need to know about CRISPR in the one place
- Bayer awarded AUD 25 million in damages for patent infringement of its oral contraceptive Yasmin
- University of California Berkeley’s key European CRISPR patent on the verge of grant
- Editing the future: A brief introduction to CRISPR
Subscribe to our newsletter×
You can customise your daily newsletter by ticking the boxes below. You will only receive updates concerning your areas of interest.