Marco de Morpurgo
Senior Associate – Paris
Marco practices regulatory law in the Life Sciences sector. He has extensive expertise under EU, Italian, Spanish and UK law and focuses on multi-jurisdictional advisory work.
Marco’s expertise covers pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices, food & beverages, and other regulated products. He advises clients on a broad range of regulatory issues, from R&D and product approvals to market access and advertising, as well as on the ethical rules applicable to the Life Sciences industry. In addition, Marco works closely with A&O’s patent litigation practice on contentious matters, and with the firm’s corporate practice on global Life Sciences transactions.
Before joining Allen & Overy, Marco worked at a top tier regulatory law firm in Brussels. He is a member of the Bar in Italy, Spain and New York, and holds a Ph.D. from the University of Milan and an LL.M. from Harvard Law School.
Posts by: Marco de Morpurgo
- Getting ready for the EU MDR: Classification of medical devices
- Innovators can protect data exclusivity in Concerned Member States following a decentralised procedure
- Getting ready for the EU MDR: Timelines for manufacturers
- Italian reform of clinical trial rules out of the starting blocks
- EU General Court rules on transparency of clinical trial data
- EMA survey of UK based pharmaceutical companies on Brexit plans
- Italian Regions cannot recommend against use of costly medicines – says highest administrative court
- Italy unlocks corporate investments in retail pharmacies
- ANSM launches public consultation on advertising of medicinal products to public
- Portugal and Spain strengthen collaboration with pilot project for the joint procurement of medicines
- Italian Medicines Agency warns MA holders of products imminently subject to ‘sunset clause’
- Application of Clinical Trials Regulation postponed to 2019
- Excessive pricing of medicines and antitrust: not a great week for Aspen
- EMA launches public consultation on the notification of serious breaches of Clinical Trials Regulation or clinical trial protocol
- Advertising to the public of all non-prescription medicines (not just OTCs) now permitted in Italy
- EU medical device regulations published today – entry into force 25 May 2017
- Food Supplements: CJEU sets boundaries to national legislation imposing maximum amounts on nutrients
- Spain simplifies MA variation procedure for medicinal products
- EMA issues revised guidance on the publication of clinical data on medicinal products for human use
- Competition Authority reviews regulation of wholesale distribution and marketing of medicines in Spain
- New EU medical device regulations adopted
- EMA calls for data protection experts to further implement transparency policy
- Italian Medicines Regulator and Competition Authority enter into collaboration agreement
- Spain encourages clinical trial sponsors to involve ethics committee in Voluntary Harmonisation Procedure
- EMA advances in implementation of transparency policy and publishes new clinical data
Subscribe to our newsletter×
You can customise your daily newsletter by ticking the boxes below. You will only receive updates concerning your areas of interest.