Marco de Morpurgo
Senior Associate – Paris
Marco practices regulatory law in the Life Sciences sector. He has extensive expertise under EU, Italian, Spanish and UK law and focuses on multi-jurisdictional advisory work.
Marco’s expertise covers pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices, food & beverages, and other regulated products. He advises clients on a broad range of regulatory issues, from R&D and product approvals to market access and advertising, as well as on the ethical rules applicable to the Life Sciences industry. In addition, Marco works closely with A&O’s patent litigation practice on contentious matters, and with the firm’s corporate practice on global Life Sciences transactions.
Before joining Allen & Overy, Marco worked at a top tier regulatory law firm in Brussels. He is a member of the Bar in Italy, Spain and New York, and holds a Ph.D. from the University of Milan and an LL.M. from Harvard Law School.
Posts by: Marco de Morpurgo
- Getting ready for the EU MDR: New obligations for Notified Bodies
- Getting ready for the EU MDR: Classification of medical devices
- Innovators can protect data exclusivity in Concerned Member States following a decentralised procedure
- EMA survey of UK based pharmaceutical companies on Brexit plans
- Italian Regions cannot recommend against use of costly medicines – says highest administrative court
- Portugal and Spain strengthen collaboration with pilot project for the joint procurement of medicines
- Excessive pricing of medicines and antitrust: not a great week for Aspen
- Advertising to the public of all non-prescription medicines (not just OTCs) now permitted in Italy
- Food Supplements: CJEU sets boundaries to national legislation imposing maximum amounts on nutrients
- EMA issues revised guidance on the publication of clinical data on medicinal products for human use
- Competition Authority reviews regulation of wholesale distribution and marketing of medicines in Spain
Subscribe to our newsletter×
You can customise your daily newsletter by ticking the boxes below. You will only receive updates concerning your areas of interest.