Nele De Backer
Nele specialises in EU and Belgian competition law. She advises and assists clients both in contentious and non-contentious matters in these areas. Nele has a keen interest in the application of competition law in innovative markets, including the pharmaceutical sector, and follows developments in this field closely.
Nele joined Allen & Overy in 2016 after graduating from Ghent University and obtaining an LL.M. in Competition Law from King’s College, London.
Posts by: Nele De Backer
- EU's top court clarifies when a patent settlement agreement can infringe EU antitrust rules
- Excessive pricing practices in the pharmaceutical sector – NCAs’ scrutiny continues
- Report on Competition Policy 2018: The pharmaceutical sector remains a priority
- Dutch competition authority extends excessive pricing inquiry to consider possible supply restrictions on orphan ingredients
- Coordination amongst member states on medicines’ prices supported by the European Commission
- Belgian consumer association announces potential complaint for abuse of dominance based on excessive pricing allegations
- Competition authorities debate the circumstances in which intervention against alleged excessive pricing practice in the pharmaceutical sector may be justified
Subscribe to our newsletter×
You can customise your daily newsletter by ticking the boxes below. You will only receive updates concerning your areas of interest.